What is copyright?
Copyright law gives the copyright owner the exclusive right to control the use of copyright protected works. All of the material marked as proprietary and published on our website, received via email and or other digital platforms is protected by copyright law and should only be used as set out in the “How may I use Actum Group content?” section below. Use made without our permission may therefore infringe our copyright which can result in personal and corporate liability.
How may I use Actum Group content?
You may do the following
- View our content for your personal or business use on any device that is compatible with actumgroup.com (this might be your PC, laptop, smartphone, tablet or other mobile device) and store our content on that device for your personal use or business use.
- Print single copies of articles.
- Share links to articles.
May I republish or redistribute Actum Group content?
Except as set out above, you may not copy Actum Group content from actumgroup.com or any third party source of Actum Group content such as news aggregators and you may not republish or redistribute full text articles, for example by pasting them into emails or republishing them in any media, including websites, newsletters or intranets.
We recognise that users of the Internet want to share information with others. We therefore permit republishing and redistribution of Actum Group content as set out below provided that this does not create a Substitute for Actum Groups own products or services. We define a Substitute as a product or service that reduces the need for users or other third parties to pay for Actum Group content directly, or which creates revenue from Actum Group content to the detriment of Actum Groups own ability to generate revenues from that content.
As long as you do not create a substitute
You may do the following
- Publish online, the original Actum Group headline, original Actum Group link to the original full Actum Group article and or the first 150 characters of an article (teaser).
- Forward the original headlines, links and teaser to other individuals
- Provided that in the above you accredit Actum Group as the source.
Summarising limited parts of Actum Group content
As specified above you may not create carbon copy full article substitutes to republish or redistribute. You may, however, republish or redistribute a ‘summary’ of Actum Group articles after receiving approval from Actum Group Limited by writing to email@example.com and complying with the conditions set out below. A ‘summary’ can be either an ‘extract’ or an ‘abstract’. By ‘extract’, we mean 30 words copied verbatim from an Actum Group article, which is then inserted into a larger original work. By ‘abstract’, we mean a 30-word non-verbatim summary of the news or facts reported in an Actum Group article, which does not form part of a larger work and does not misrepresent the original Actum Group article.
Conditions you must comply
- You source Actum Group as the author of any article from which you have derived a summary by way of an attribution such as “journalist name”at the Actum Group reported that. Including a hyperlink from the words “Actum Group” to the original story published on actumgroup.com.
- In the case of abstracts, you must make it clear that the abstract has been produced by you by stating that this abstract from Actum Group was produced by “name”, with a hyperlink from the words “Actum Group” to the original article published on actumgroup.com.
- You ensure that your summaries do not in whole or in part form a Substitute for Actum Groups own products and services (see above for how we define a Substitute). The more summaries you create the greater the risk of substitution. No individual or organisation may create, republish or redistribute more than four summaries in aggregate each day, each one sourced from a different Actum Group article that is published on the same day you create the summary.
- You do not use or create summaries that promote or endorse any product or service.
- If Actum Group notifies you that it believes you are creating, republishing or redistributing summaries outside of these parameters, you shall immediately cease doing so and your rights to create summaries shall be regarded as having been withdrawn, unless/until Actum Group reaches an agreement with you regarding your use of Actum Group articles.
Please note that these rights do not extend to content, data or other material published by Actum Group that we licence from third parties, which you may not republish or redistribute.
Linking to Actum Group content
If you would like to link to actumgroup.com, please read and comply with the following guidelines and all applicable laws.
A site or service that links to actumgroup.com
- May display the Actum Group logo (view our brand guidelines) to indicate the source of the link.
- Must not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the Actum group logo.
- May link to the homepage of actumgroup.com, and, provided that you comply with this copyright policy, may also link to other pages of actumgroup.com.
- Must not be a Substitute (as defined above).
- Must not in any way imply that Actum Group is endorsing it or its products or services.
- Must not misrepresent its relationship with Actum Group or present false information about Actum Group.
- Must not be a site or service that infringes any intellectual property or other right of any person or that otherwise does not comply with all relevant laws and regulations
- Must not be a site or service that contains content that could be construed as distasteful or offensive.
What you are not permitted to do with Actum Group content?
You cannot do anything other than make use of the content as set out above, this means that;
- If you are a registered user or subscriber, share your user name and password (which includes PINs) with anyone else. A password is for one person’s use. Sharing a password means a copy of our content may subsequently be made by someone who is not authorised to do so. Password sharing is a breach of our terms and conditions and is likely to result in an infringement of copyright. We monitor usage to detect password sharing.
- Copy, publish or redistribute full articles, photographs, graphics, tables or images in any way.
- Create derivative works from our content, unless you are creating summaries as described above
- Photocopy or scan copies of articles.
- Remove the copyright or trade mark notice from any copies of Actum Group content.
- Use spidering technology or other datamining technologies to search and link to Actum Group.com..
- Create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically and/or regularly downloading, caching and storing all or any Actum Group content (by spridering or otherwise).
- Frame, harvest or scrape Actum Group content or otherwise access Actum Group content for similar purposes.
- Use or attempt to use Actum Group content outside the parameters we set.
If you have any questions on copyright or republishing our material, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org .